Reduce & Recycle
When it comes to protecting the environment, the solids offered by PowerClean Technologies solids offer many advantages:
- Solid technology leverages state-of-the-art surfactant technology-you get the best cleaning through a 100% concentrate.
- Solids’ 100% concentrate reduces container size.
- Solids’ containers use the least grams of plastic per volume of use solution in the industry.
- Empty means Empty: There is no chemical residue left in the container to end up in landfills; there is no rinsing required, so no water gets wasted and nothing goes down the drain.
- Solids' containers are Class 2 recyclable.
Environmentally-responsible solutions must consider the complete picture, including operational efficiencies and energy usage. The solids offered by PowerClean Technologies deliver energy savings by:
- Reducing fuel consumption required for freight and delivery -solids take up less space, which requires fewer trucks to ship them.
- Reducing heat required for transport and storage, because solidswill not freeze or thaw.
- Reducing operational utility costs through products, training, and consultations. This alone can save thousands of dollars.
PowerClean Technologies and its suppliers take into consideration all angles of energy consumption and provides the best formulas for overall energy reduction while maintaining quality cleaning results.
Increasing Health & Safety
PowerClean Technologies' products and programs clean better and deliver quality results...and a cleaner facility is a safer facility. PowerClean's solids, in their natural state cannot be spilled, splashed or mixed by hand, thereby greatly reducing the risk of employee contact with chemical concentrates, helping employers maintain a healthier, safer workplace.
DfE: Design For the Environment
The DfE Program is a voluntary partnership program that works directly with industries to integrate health and environmental considerations into their business decisions. DfE is also a recognized approach that companies first adopted in the late 1980s that involves thinking in terms of “design for” qualities or traits in products and process design. In the environmental field, views on risk management have shifted to approaches that promote reducing risks to human health and the environment through pollution prevention or source reduction instead of relying on end-of-the-pipe pollution control.
CleanGredients is an online database of institutional and industrial (I&I) cleaning ingredients-the online resource for green formulation. CleanGredients™ aligns broad environmental and human health goals with the cleaning product industry’s business objectives and will support formulation of products with human and environmental health benefits, whether to meet corporate internal objectives, regulations, voluntary product recognition programs, or national and international eco-labels.
CleanGredients™ is designed to:
- Help formulators identify ingredients that have potential environmental and human health and safety benefits.
- Provide opportunity for manufacturers and producers of cleaning ingredients to showcase their ingredients with potential environmental and human health and safety benefits.
- Surfactants listed in CleanGredients™ are, at a minimum, ultimately biodegradable. Data for aquatic toxicity, biodegradability, and the ingredient formulations are reviewed by a third party (NSF International) using the DfE Screen for Surfactants, a set of criteria defined by the U.S. EPA Design for the Environment (DfE) program that designates surfactants with especially positive environmental characteristics. NSF’s reviews are carried out under confidentiality, providing verification of claims for the key ingredient attributes for surfactants without compromising proprietary formulations.
GS-33 Green Lodging Standards
PowerClean Technologies' has the products that are compliant with the standards established for Green Lodging properties.
- Property shall demonstrate that chlorinated chemicals are used only where there is no less toxic alternative, and only in minimal amounts.
- Property shall use automatic dishwashing detergent that is biodegradable, does not contain NTA (nitrilotriacetic acid), and does not contain chlorine bleach.
- Property shall use non-phosphate, nontoxic, biodegradable, concentrated liquid or powder laundry detergents.
- Property shall use non-phosphate, nontoxic, biodegradable, concentrated liquid or powder cleaning products.fertilizers and biocides and/or integrated pest management (IPM) techniques.
Lean manufacturing is a business model that emphasizes eliminating waste while delivering quality products at the least cost to the manufacturer and customers. In the U.S., lean implementation began in the 1980s. Lean thinking focuses on three objectives:
- Reducing production resource requirements by minimizing inventory, equipment, materials, storage and production space.
- Increasing manufacturing velocity and flexibility.
- Improving quality and eliminate defects.
- Lean methods create a continual improvement-based, waste elimination culture that involves workers at all levels of the organization.
Lean and the Environment
An October 2003 U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) report examined the relationship between lean and the environment. Some key findings were that lean manufacturing produces an operational and cultural environment that is highly conducive to waste minimization and pollution prevention. Significant environmental benefits typically ride the coattails of lean initiatives. The powerful economic and competitiveness drivers behind lean drive a willingness to undertake substantial operational and cultural changes, many of which have important environmental performance implications.
Lean typically results in less material use, less scrap, reduced water and energy use, and decreased number and amount of chemicals used.
The TOTAL APPROACH Solution
Adding value beyond the basics, that's what we do because we are committed to our customers. This includes producing easy-to-use programs and providing expert local support. We focus on your needs and take a "Total Approach" to your program. A total top-to-bottom review of a customer’s operation will help to achieve a total value solution by:
- Reducing Total Operational Costs
- Maintenance & Repairs
- Injuries and Work Comp Expense
- Replacement Cost of Wear Items